February 12, 2013

The Louvre





While in Paris, I took the opportunity to go into the Louvre and peek around. The building itself was incredible. The mix of the old and new was very cool. Of course I was able to see the Mona Lisa...though I think its a bit underwhelming and has too much hype, it was still cool to see. I also saw the Venus de Milo and the Winged Victory of Samothrace (both pictured below), which are very famous statues. Overall, I think my favorite part was just walking around the building and seeing how huge this museum really is. It was impressive. However, I found it odd that you could just take pictures with flash of whatever you wanted...especially the Mona Lisa, it kind of blew my mind (though I do now have pics to remember the museum).    









Much love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment