Hooray for DIY christmas gifts! I decided to make Riley a large tie blanket so he could wrap up and stay warm while I am away in Spain. So I was going to go with the traditional tie blanket but I found this tutorial for tying but with smoother and cleaner edges.
Supplies: Two pieces of fleece (1-3yds. is standard, I used 2.5 yds.), safety pins, scissors, ruler, paper
1. Lay out fleece so edges line up and safety pin together.
2. Cut out a square of the corners. Look at the tutorial I used (I forgot to take a pic).
3. Using the paper, cut out a template for the length and width of your fleece strips.
4. Using the template cut strips for each side. As you cut a strip flip fleece strips so they lay flat on top of the top fleece.
5. Once you have cut your strips go back around and and cut a small slit in each strip.
6. Thread both fleece strips through the small slit.
Overall, people have said it takes longer but I think it was more convenient and looks much better than the traditional tie style! And even more importantly I think Riley loves it!