September 2, 2012

Ren Fest with Nugget




Nugget (Hannah) and I were able to attend the Renaissance Festival yesterday... and even dressed up for the occasion. We had a blast people watching, riding an elephant, playing harp, seeing a comedy show and even saw a REAL live mermaid;)
I love the Ren Fest as dorky as it is because its fun to play pretend even as a grown-up. It was our favorite to see the little boys and girls dressed up as princesses, princes, pirates and fairies. We saw one little boy of maybe 5 years of age dressed in purple and green fairy wings and a couple standing behind Hannah and I were making fun of him and saying how he would be made fun of in school. It made us so mad because why can't a person, no matter what age, dress and act how they want without the judgement of closed minded people....ugh! Small rant..sorry. 
Besides that small incident were I was going to punch these people in the face we had a great time!













3 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I'm so jealous you got to ride an elephant!!! Too bad about the small minded people behind you. Some people just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this looks like so much fun! I haven't been to a ren fair since I was a kid, but this is making me want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness it looks like you had such a great time! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete